Friday, July 25, 2008

As I look back... A Letter from Bapak

Dato'Seri Haji Yang Rashdi Ma'asom
Khazanah/Harta Keluanga.

16 Mar 2006


Dear Kak Chik/Meil & Wan



I know I could use this e-mail to send this message to you as I should, but since some of you do not regularly open up your mail-box I ,therefore, take the stand to utilize the old -fashioned way by sending my notes through the ordinary mail!


I am sending over to you in this envelop for the safe-keep of some old articles and pictures from some of the old papers which I am now "commanding" you on behalf of the family and as my personal Trustee to open up in a Family Web and to inform the family so; so that we can always be assured that we can always locate the relics about the family. As regards to the proposed webs you could place them serially with pictures, articles and comments from the family and so forth.


I am now seriously writing about my life story and my life experiences since the last 70 years. Give me one more full year and I shall be able to complete the whole episodes of the experiences for the sake of my immediate family (you all) and for the later Ma' asom and Akidah family (i.e your children and your children's family).


My health has tremendously improved as days go by feeling better and stronger each day but most of all with stronger wills and enthusiasm as my current life goes into another year! Thank you to all of you for sharing the costs of the hospital bills when I was down some months ago. I pray to Allah that I may repay you all the costs of my stay at the hospital. Until to-day I feel quite embarrassed with myself at having to cause you all the bothers on my life and health.


Believe me I love you all.
BAPAK& Ki .


A confession to make

For the last few days I have always been melancholic about my life. Returning from Ipoh this afternoon while Ju and Lahn were resting (the weather had been hot these few days) I sneaked out on my own and driving the car I went to your Mak's kubur and Ohm's. I wept a bit at the graveyard and actually spoke to your Mak and asked for her forgiveness for failing to be a good father to our anak-anak and that I have promised that I will be a close to God for support. To ohm l told him that the family are missing him very much indeed and sought Allah to forgive him and your Mak and put them in Syurga. I also said to Ohm not to be worried about Shima as we have undertaken to look after her as a full-blooded family member. NOW I feel more relieved that I have done so when my heart felt the urge to be with them so suddenly. So much for this time. To Wan please keep this letter so that one day when I am no more around you and your children and your own nephew and nieces they may know the kind of a grand father you had..


Love and regards to you all.
Your Bapak & Ki

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sampagita said...

I have seen the blog by Eeda, Alhamdullillah Ridzuan bin Yang is not a family member. The photo of this so called Ridzuan Yang confirms that he is not. However if he claims that he is a member of our family, then it is fitnah on his part.

I thank Eeda for posting his photo psuedo names can cause a lot of damage if not used for sincere intentions.