Friday, August 1, 2008

Dear Da......

Letter to Da... from Bapak
(bapak praises how good Da's cooking is, and its just as good as mak's!!)
Written on July 1th, 2005

Dear Da,

During the few days you took me under your care I know you did so with a daughter's sincere good heart for the love for a father! Many a time when you were around I cried in my heart to think that it had been a long time since I have had your Mak's touches at cooking with (sambal and all that!) and doing up the house as you did the other day. I appreciate you and the others that you organised yourself that while the others took a turn for a few days to rest elsewhere one or two of you would stay back to take care of me ( just in case………! ) What other families would do such a thing to take care of their parents they way you all did?

As a stubborn person that I am I would want to say that there was no need for you all to go that far. After all I am only 80!! Although it was a matter of a few days you honestly did overfeed me. I know my weight has increased by some few GRAMS these last few days!............

I will remember this one instance for a long long time that night when I was just going into slumberland in my room and the light was just being switched off when I saw two shadowy figures peeping into the bed , my bed, possibly the figures were giving it the the last peep for the night before the figures themselves went into their dream-land knowing that I was already safe and sound to retire for the day; and the next day you were already going home yourself! ( I thought you were leaving that very early the next morning!) .

To-day (15th July) is about to be normal again . As you remember Lahn came back from Sarawak with fever and was in bed for two days and did not move very much (and is still feverish to-day!). Ju seems alright and is setting herself right into the house-chores. She said she enjoyed the trip to Sarawak. Ohm and Shima said they would be coming back to the villa to-day (Saturday) although it is already noon-time as I jotted this letter!!

The work at the outside kitchen-sink is not over yet. They are still doing the final touches on the job. Hashim has to buy another dozen of the tiles from KK. The earlier portion bought with Yaya is somewhat insufficient. From my own assessment of the work it is extremely fine. The work got a little longer to enable the plastering of the cement to properly dried up. Some of the neigbouring folks (Chu Nandak, Latt, Ani and the others think the “outside" sink looks more stylish and presentable than the one inside. Now they are suggesting that the entire outside luar dapor be tidied up as good as the new sink. I thought that it was a good idea but told them the Towkeh must be agreeable with it . We will wait for her to come back to agree or not.

Ju has not brought our new car back yet. It is still under “process” so it seems! I am sending Ju back to Kuala Lumpur next week to settle the problem. It has been a hell of a problem for me without a transportation. I have been holed up in this situation for many days now. Anyway, I hope by next week things will brighten up for all of us.

Love to you all.
From Bapak

No comments: