Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The letter I promise to write

Dear Bapa,


The last time I posted an email to you was the very day you were admitted to Hospital Tuanku Bainun ( Hospital Ipoh) You never got to read the letter.


In my last paragraph, I said that I will write to you soon.


Bapa, I always get excited when there is an activity or any news that is related to you. You always respond immediately. You never cease to say that you are proud of me. I thank you for your concern and appreciation.


I mentioned to you earlier that , I have granted a permission to start an Interact Club at Kolej Yayasan Saad. You responded by forwarding somes news about an Interact Club in Ipoh.


We had our first Installation Night last Friday. The District Governor himself came. Dato Abdul Latif Saruggi. There is one Mr Vohrah from a family of distinguished lawyers. Mr Arumugam from President of Roratry Club of Malacca, the sponsoring club.


In my speech I said, " when a proposal letter was sent in for the approval of starting of an Interact Club, I need not look into it further because for the past 40 years of my life I have been directly involved with Rotarians, Rotary Anns, Innerwheelers and Interactors." There was a spontaneous applause by the audience. There was some pride when I mentioned that.


Before the District Governor proceeded in his speech, he requested the audience to stand up and observe a minute of silence and also to recite `Al Fatihah'. It was a very touching moment for me. I was almost in tears. The words of praise they have for you, makes me very proud to be your daughter.


I am very sure had you been here then, you would have attended our First Installation. I would have invited you to give a talk on the organisation, the very person to give words of encouragement to my intelligent students.


Alas, it was not to be. You had wanted to come and stay with me for a short spell here at Kolej yayasan Saad. You said that you would come when you are slightly better. I had looked forward to it.


Bapa, this is the `soon' letter that I promised to write. I hope this is also not the last one to you. I shall miss your responses to my mails.


love always


Nun

1 comment:

exeterbullet said...

Sometimes we need to look back and cry. I particularly miss Yang as he was always noticing his family when they are around, no matter where. Can't run away from him. Can't pretend not to see him He will call.