Friday, August 1, 2008

A Moving Poem

(Datuk Suleiman/Abang Man's birthday greetings dated 3 July 08 that comes with a very moving poem by an anynomous poet....coincidently on the day he passed away....).

Beautitudes for Friends of the Aged

Blessed are they who understand my
faltering step and palsied hand

Blessed are they who know that my ears today
must strain to catch the things they say

Blessed are they who seem to know that my eyes
are dim and my wits are slow.

Blessed are they who looked away when coffee
spilled at the table today

Blessed are they with cheery smile who
stop to chat for a little while

Blessed are they who never say "You've
told that story twice today"

Blessed are they who know the ways to
bring back memories of yesterdays.

Blessed are they who make it known that
I'm loved, respected, and not alone.

Blessed are they who know I'm at a loss
to find the strength to carry the torch.

Blessed are those who ease the days on my
journey home in loving ways.

No comments: